The standard version is a viewer; the pro version adds mark-up, cross-sections, and measurement.
SolidWorks has released an update to its Pro version of eDrawings for iPad, a 2D/3D mobile viewer. Compared to the original version (still available) eDrawings for iPad Pro adds various new tools for mark-up, section views, and measurement.
Primary features of eDrawings for iPad Pro include:
- Redesigned interface compared to eDrawings for iPad version 1
- Performance improvements
- Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from a wider variety of sources: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox, SkyDrive, YouSendIt, others), email, web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes File Sharing
- Zoom, pan, and rotate 3D and 2D CAD data using multi-touch
- Browse assembly components tree, model configurations and drawing sheets
- Hide, show, or make components transparent
- Select View mode offers standard orthogonal views, shaded with edges, perspective view
- Play animated 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views
- Double-tap to zoom to full screen or to zoom into drawing views.
- Mark-up designs and send to others and read others’ mark-ups
- Measure design data
- View cross sections of 3D designs
The purchase price of $4.99 is listed as a “special introductory price.” The product is compatible with iPads running iOS 4.3 or later.
When initially released, eDrawings for iPad only supported file sharing in iTunes. Now that it supports a wide range of cloud drives as well as more traditional sources, this product should appeal to a wider audience.
Finally a SolidWorks app for iPad