A mix of keynotes and roundtables will provide the full-day event with plenty of opportunity to talk to and learn from peers.
Based on the success of last year’s inaugural event, Siggraph 2012 will again sponsor the Siggraph Business Symposium for computer graphics industry leaders. Siggraph says the full-day event on Sunday, August 5 is “an intimate, interactive forum for open, frank conversations among leaders and executives in the visual effects, gaming, and media arenas as they explore the present and future of the industry.”
Starting with breakfast, the symposium will have a mix of keynotes and roundtables. Throughout the day attendees will join in-depth discussion and have time to interact with peers before the afternoon session closes. The symposium provides a look into newer business models from some of the people and companies defining the future.
Featured speakers at this year’s event include:
- Carl Rosendahl, Founder Pacific Data Images, Venture Capitalist, Co-Director, Carnegie Mellon University’s Entertainment Technology Center-Silicon Valley
- John Textor, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Digital Domain Media Group
Other panelists and presenters include:
- Will Cohen, Managing Director/Executive Producer for Mill Film and Mill TV
- Patrick Davenport, Vice President Creative Operations, Method Studios
- Mark Driscoll, President, Executive Producer and Co-Founder, Look Effects Inc.
- Hael Kobayashi, Executive Director, Creative Innovation, University of Technology Sydney
- Lee Berger, President, Rhythm & Hues’ Film Division and CEO, East Grand Films
- Habib Zargarpour, Creative Director, Microsoft Studios
- Jonathan Garson, Vice President, Worldwide Marketing & Franchise, Pixar Animation Studios
- Shannon Blake Gans, Co-Founder and CEO, New Deal Studios
- Ondraus Jenkins, Head of Strategy and Corporate Development, Bungie, Inc.
- Sara Cardone, Vice President, Global Strategy and Business Development, SDI Media
- Sanford Rosenberg, Managing Director, Discus Ventures
- Gregg Lukomski, CEO and Founder, Slide Rule, Inc.
- Don McGowan, General Counsel, The Pokémon Company International
The all-day event will be limited to 200 persons. For more information or to sign up, visit the Siggraph Business Symposium web site.