Most of the changes are under the hood. Both the free and commercial versions are available.
Next Limit has completely updated its SketchUp plug-in for Maxwell Render for full compatibility with SketchUp 2013. The new plugin releases are for both the Maxwell Render Suite and Maxwell for SketchUp packages, and are free of charge to all customers and users.
Maxwell for SketchUp allows users to move from design to rendering without leaving the SketchUp interface. The plug-in has been completely re-written to be 100% compatible with SketchUp 2013. Next Limit says most of the changes have taken place on the inside “so users should find that it works in exactly the same way as before.”
Features in the new release include:
- Added support for SketchUp 2013
- The Maxwell for SketchUp standalone plug-in is now distributed as an RBZ file
- The plug-in user interface no longer requires Microsoft Silverlight
- The color picker now has both RGB and HSV modes
- Added support for setting per-channel output formats
- The Environment page now works more like Maxwell Studio.