The theme of the conference: Advancing BIM through Digital Twins.
Bentley Systems, a global provider of infrastructure software and services, has announced its call for nominations for the Year in Infrastructure 2019 Awards program. The deadline for nominations is April 30, 2019. The prestigious Year in Infrastructure Awards are an integral part of Bentley’s annual Year in Infrastructure Conference. This year the conference will take place in Singapore from October 21 to October 24.
Advancing BIM through Digital Twins is the theme of this year’s conference. In addition to awards in 18 categories, Bentley is also offering Special Recognition awards in the individual category for projects that represent Bentley’s mission of advancing infrastructure.
The awards are judged by independent juries of industry experts and recognize infrastructure projects for digital innovations that improve project delivery and/or asset performance.
The projects using Bentley software are eligible to participate, irrespective of the phase the projects are in—preconstruction/conceptual, design, construction, or operations. Organizations can submit multiple projects. Three finalists will be chosen for each awards category. They will get an opportunity to attend the conference and present their project before the judges, industry leaders, and media.
The 18 Year in Infrastructure 2019 Awards categories recognize advancements in going digital for the following categories:
- 4D Construction Modeling
- Buildings and Campuses
- Communications and Utilities
- Digital Cities
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Mining and Offshore Engineering
- Power Generation
- Project Delivery
- Rail and Transit
- Reality Modeling
- Roads and Highways
- Road and Rail Asset Performance
- Structural Engineering
- Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
Additionally, projects that represent Bentley’s mission of advancing infrastructure, but which transcend the narrower focus of the individual category awards, can be considered for Special Recognition awards including:
- Advancements in Digital Twins for Project Delivery (Project Digital Twins) for a project using a digital twin to gain useful insights, such as understanding the impact of change and design alternatives or highlighting issues with the quality of project data, to more effectively collaborate with the extended project team, or to model the performance of a project and its construction.
- Advancements in Digital Twins for Asset Performance (Performance Digital Twins) for projects involving an operating infrastructure asset that uses a digital twin to gain useful insights to improve the performance of an operating asset—throughput, safety, compliance, maintenance—to evaluate the relative impact of different operational strategies, to support training of operational staff or to support remote operations of an asset.
- Advancements in Sustainability and Resilience for a project that has been designed or an infrastructure asset that is being operated to achieve better sustainability (lower carbon footprint, better use of renewables, reduced environmental impact) or higher resilience (ability to withstand and recover from man-made or natural disasters, adaptability to changing conditions).
For additional information about the Year in Infrastructure Awards program, or to nominate a project, visit the Year in Infrastructure Awards website.