The new search tool joins a similar product based on Google Desktop. The authors have been a leading contract team in the world of 2D CAD since the 90s.
The programming duo of Ransdell & Brown have released a new DWG search engine based on Microsoft Desktop Search. DWG 2010 iFilter searches inside DWG files (all versions through 2010) for text and MText objects.
This product is the second DWG search product from Ransdell & Brown. They previously released DWG 2010 Indexer for Google Desktop Search.
DWG 2010 iFilter is compatible with Microsoft Desktop Search (Windows Search) and these Microsoft server products:
- Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Exchange Server 2007
- Search Server 2008
- SharePoint Services v3.0
- SharePoint Portal Server 2003
- SQL Server 2005
- SQL Server 2008
- SharePoint Server 2010.
- DWG versions through 2010 supported
- Searches inside DWG text and MText objects
- Looks for text in model and layout tabs
- Attributes are fully indexed
- AutoCAD (or any CAD program) not required
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit native installations available.
Ransdell & Brown are expert 2D CAD developers who first met while working on Generic CADD in the late 1980s. When Autodesk first acquired, then closed the Generic CADD business, they launched a partnership in contract programming. Projects and companies they have contributed to over the years include:
- General CADD
- CAD Zone
- Wild Ginger Software
- Microsoft Visio
- Cadence OrCAD
- Wireless Notes Systems
- PC Pros.
More information: http://www.dwgindex.com/DWGFilter.html