New features in Shotgun Media App improves links between studios.
Autodesk’s Shotgun Software division has released an update to its cloud-based film/video production tracking and asset management suite that improves remote access to projects and offers a reworked client viewing experience.
Many of the new features are in the Media App, which Shotgun project participants use to access all assets stored in the cloud. New features include:
- Global access, allowing studios with dispersed locations to access and manage media across all of their studio?s projects from one location in Shotgun.
- Browse by hierarchy, so artists, supervisors, and managers can search or browse based on pre-defined sortings, such as by sequence>shots on film projects or by episode>shot on episodic TV projects.
- An All Playlists view to find and see all the playlists on a Shotgun site, or drill down to playlists on a specific project.
- Media Launching Preferences let users customize how media is launched from the Media App, turning the Media App into a tool to access media whether in the cloud or stored locally.
- Version/Playlist Sharing allows sharing a specific version or playlist with colleagues; copy a link to share and then email or IM it for immediate review.
Shotgun’s Client Review Site has been reworked to improve how users present work to their clients. Autodesk says the new site is a “simple, secure website” that allows customized studio branding. Other features:
- Studios can invite multiple client contacts to review work, control password options with a wider range of security requirements, and collaborate faster with clients by adding attachments to notes and replies.
- Configurable sharing of security settings allows control over whether a password is required to access a project. Shotgun says this is for clients who sometimes favor speed above all else. A revamped Manage Share menu puts the user in control of who has access to shared work.
- Screening Room for RV Submit Tool: The release of Shotgun with the RV media player (also acquired by Autodesk and integrated into the Shotgun group) has opened up new possibilities. In Shotgun 6.3 Autodesk says it is easier for artists to submit their work with the addition of a My Tasks view in the Screening Room for RV Submit Tool. They can also Notify others about their new work via the Shotgun Inbox in just one click.