Review and correct cache animations and simulation errors in a variety of formats.
LightWave 3D Group introduces a new approach to error correction in the animation pipeline with ChronoSculpt, a product that offers the ability to 3D sculpt over time. The software is used to review and correct cache animation and dynamic simulation errors, and works with a variety of software formats. Introduced earlier this year as a technology preview, ChronoSculpt is now a stand-alone product.
LightWave says ChronoSculpt supports both soft- and rigid-body dynamics, and can correct and remove errors in real time by sculpting and deformimg polygonal models on the software’s timeline, without returning to the original software.
Typical ChronoSculpt uses:
- Remove dynamic simulation errors, jitters, and sculpt deformations on cache files from 3D software programs;
- Deform and manipulate geometry over time with Sculpt, Drag, Pinch, and Erase tools;
- Move, scale and rotate geometry over time in dynamic simulation cache with tools such as Transform, Pin, and Bulge;
- Manipulate massive geometry files and edit objects as large as 10 million polygons;
- Utilize universal file formats, including Alembic, LWO, OBJ, LightWave MDD, and Autodesk Geometry Cache for integration into software pipelines;
- Save any frame from the ChronoSculpt timeline as an OBJ file for Maya Blend Shapes or as an Endomorph for LightWave to create facial morph targets and deformation effects;
- Use the ChronoSculpt Clip Timeline to adjust and reposition the length of a cache animation sculpt anywhere on the timeline or make global changes to the entire animation.
Supported file formats include LightWave 3D; Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, and XSI; Luxology Modo; and Maxon Cinema 4D.
ChronoSculpt is now available directly from NewTek. More information is available at the ChronoSculpt website.