Releasing plug-ins allows smaller game studios to use Xaitment technology inside Unity without buying the full package.
Artificial intelligence (AI) for game development just got more affordable with the news that Xaitment will release two plug-ins for Unity, the popular game development platform that only charges users when they make money with the product. The two plug-ins, XaitMap for Unity and XaitControl for Unity, allow sophisticated path-finding and character behavioral modeling functionality.
XaitMap for Unity features:
- Quickly create NavMeshes on any object in a scene;
- Dynamically set up and modify collision avoidance parameters on any component in a scene;
- Easily modify a character’s movement by assigning a MoveComponent to a game character;
- Easily start working with path-finding using Xaitment’s Starter Pack of Movement Behaviors;
- Create predefined paths by dragging and dropping waypoints on a NavMesh.
XaitControl for Unity comes with run-time libraries and a graphical Finite State Machine (FSM) editor that work with Unity’s scene editor and Mono Develop environments, enabling developers to model advanced game logic and character behaviors. Core functionality includes:
- Graphical Bot Behavior Modeling, which enables developers to add states and transitions, even in a hierarchy, or create conditional, event-based and time-based transitions;
- A Real-Time Debugger, which gives developers control over the instances of the Finite State Machine, such as setting breakpoints for states, transitions, conditions and commands;
- All XaitControl FSMs are handled like C# scripts, allowing developers to work the way they are familiar within Unity;
- The plug-in will automatically make available all the FSMs, events, functions (including signature, etc.) within Unity for further development.
“The key to our new approach was figuring out how to present all of the features we’ve included in an intuitive way for Unity users,” said Thorsten Maier, CTO of Xaitment. “We’ve worked hard to ensure that they adapt to the Unity workflow and development environment in order to make them even easier to access and use.”
XaitMap and XaitControl for Unity are available immediately for download on Xaitment’s web store. Both plug-ins come with community support, full documentation and a number of video tutorials.