A second version of the P241W includes NEC’s SpectraViewIIT color calibration.
NEC has announced the first model in the new generation of the MultiSync P Series professional monitors, and a second version as an addition to its SpectraViewII series.
The MultiSync P241W utilizes an e-IPS panel (in-plane switching), which means the crystal molecules in the monitor move parallel to the panel instead of perpendicular to it, as in older monitor designs. In-plane reduces the amount of light scattering in the panel matrix, allowing for a wider viewing angle and (generally speaking) good color reproduction. The monitor supports the sRBG standard for color reproduction.
The P241W-BK-SV is the SpectraViewII version. It features hardware color calibration using the NEC SpectraView kit to deliver accurate color. The kit, which is compatible with both Apple Mac and Microsoft Windows operating systems, includes an optimized calibration sensor based on NEC’s X-Rite Eye-One Display2 and SpectraViewII calibration software.
The P241W can utilize two computers simultaneously through DisplaySync Pro and the integrated USB hub, which functions as a KVM device. This model is the first in the NEC MultiSync P Series to support this feature.
The P241W offers a 4-year limited parts and labor warranty with 48-hour Advanced Exchange, including the backlight. It begins shipping later this month with an estimated street price of $749. The P241W-BK-SV with SpectraViewII color calibration sensor and software will also be available in September 2011 with an estimated street price of $1249.
- 16:10, 1920 x 1200 native resolution
- 96.7% sRGB color gamut, 71.4% NTSC coverage
- 1000:1 typical contrast ratio
- 8ms response time (G to G)
- 360 cd/m² typical brightness, 250 cd/m² with Digital Uniformity Correction enabled
- XtraView+T (89°U/89°D/89°L/89°R) viewing angle
- Internal 14-bit 3D programmable lookup tables (LUTs)
- DisplayPort, VGA and two DVI-D inputs
- Built-in USB hub (2 up, 3 down) with DisplaySync Pro to control two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- Picture-in-Picture and Picture-by-Picture capabilities, which allow two video signals to be viewed simultaneously in a secondary window configuration
- ICC Profile Emulation for quick access to alternate color spaces
- Color Vision Emulation, which allows a real-time preview of Type P/D/T color vision deficiencies in support of Color Universal Design
- Touch capable
- AmbiBrightT ambient light sensor, which automatically adjusts the display’s brightness based on external lighting conditions
- ECO ModeT and carbon footprint reduction
- Four-way ergonomic and quick-release stand (tilt, swivel, pivot and 150mm height adjust) with locking base
- SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution, which includes software and colorimeter to provide automated monitor matching and calibration for accurate, consistent and repeatable color performance (included with P241W-BK-SV)
- Optional accessories include SpectraViewII software (SVII-SOFT), colorimeter (MDSVSENSOR), complete SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution (SVII-PRO-KIT) and hood (HDPA212426)