In July 2021, Graphisoft released Archicad 25 with the key theme of integration. In the Archicad 25 Update 2 released last week, Graphisoft integrated Maxon’s Redshift rendering tool into Archicad. This has been a requested feature by Archicad users for a long time. Update 2 includes other significant enhancements to design, documentation, collaboration, and visualization capabilities.
Redshift is currently available as a Technology Preview for Archicad 25 users having a Graphisoft Forward agreement. Announced with Archicad 25, Graphisoft Forward is a new global Software Service Agreement (SSA) program for Archicad users. Graphisoft says the name Graphisoft Forward symbolizes the company’s commitment to success, progress, and efficiency.
A complete list of Graphisoft Forward’s benefits is given below:
- All Upgrades Included—users get every update as they become available without paying extra fees.
- Volume discounts, preferential pricing, and free or reduced admission to events lower the total cost of software ownership while maximizing value and benefits.
- Training and access to Graphisoft’s knowledge base help users gain fast and efficient use of Archicad—adding value to the firm and increasing their own competitive edge.
- Personal Technical Support—unlimited access to Graphisoft’s dedicated localized Technical Center.
- License Pooling—automatic optimization of a company’s software license usage.
- Emergency Licenses—guaranteed access to emergency licenses.
- License Key Insurance—replace a stolen, damaged, or malfunctioning license—once a year, free of charge.
- BIMx Model Private Hosting and Sharing—10Gb private storage space included.
- Graphisoft Learn discounts—discounted courses about Archicad, BIMx, and BIMcloud.
- Epic Games’ Twinmotion included—create impressive presentations with 3D design and visualization workflows.
- Library Part Maker Add-On—create virtually any custom object.
Redshift will be offered as an exclusive benefit for Graphisoft Forward subscribers starting with Archicad 25 Update 3.
The press release by Graphisoft is as follows:
Archicad 25 Update 2 enhances powerful collaboration, design, documentation, and visualization capabilities
Architects can deliver high-quality renderings in significantly less time thanks to the integration of Redshift by Maxon in Archicad 25
Graphisoft, the leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software solution for architecture, today released Archicad 25 Update 2, with significant enhancements to design, documentation, collaboration, and visualization capabilities—including the integration of Redshift by Maxon. Users get immediate access to the Archicad improvements when they upgrade and can apply those benefits to new and existing projects instantly.
Released in July, Archicad 25 is one of the most user-driven versions yet, with powerful enhancements to design, visualization, documentation, and collaboration capabilities that are a direct response to user feedback. With enhanced usability, navigation, and accurate quantity take-offs, Archicad empowers teams to create great architecture—by working in a single software from early concept designs through to construction documents.
What’s new in Archicad 25 Update 2
Introducing Redshift by Maxon for Archicad 25—The world’s first fully GPU-accelerated biased rendering engine has been built to meet the specific demands of contemporary high-end production rendering. With Redshift, users get the flexibility and quality of CPU-based rendering with GPU-based speed thanks to a suite of powerful features tailored to support creative individuals and practices of every size.
Currently available as a Technology Preview for Archicad 25 users with a Software Service Agreement (SSA) or Forward Agreement, Redshift will be offered as an exclusive benefit for Graphisoft Forward subscribers starting with Archicad 25 Update 3.
Collaboration — To?facilitate?open collaboration,?Archicad supports more than 40 export and import formats, including DWG, PDF,?XLS,?and SAF,?as well as the?manufacturer-independent and industry-standards?IFC and BCF.
- Native Survey Point delivers streamlined coordination workflows so that architects can set and lock the project’s survey point and use it to coordinate with stakeholders—regardless of the software they’re using.
- Improved IFC export process means architects and engineers can exchange model geometry and data easily and be certain they’re sharing the most accurate model.
- Working with Hotlink modules is easier than ever because models can now be populated with information directly from Excel.
- FRILO Connection—Integrate structural models between Archicad and FRILO with a simple click, without risk of sharing outdated information.
“It’s exciting to see that Graphisoft continues to invest in Archicad and is pushing the boundaries of BIM software,” said David Thompson, Director, THAA Architects. “It’s reassuring to know that the software continues to be developed and improved.”
Design—Archicad empowers architects to design with accuracy and efficiency, reducing design flaws and errors with a technology enhancement that conveniently allows for checking full and partial linear overlaps.
- Available as a Technology Preview, the Overlap Check functionality has been boosted to detect partial linear overlaps, thus ensuring the delivery of high-quality models. Archicad 25 already checks for duplicate and fully overlapping linear elements.
“At Graphisoft, we believe that the software must adapt to the architect and not the other way around,” said Shesh Gorur, Vice President for Product Success, Graphisoft. “The tool must be flexible enough to accommodate creativity while complying with local standards and regulations. Graphisoft’s focus is to provide precision tools that make our products more flexible and intuitive – you work on the design, and the process runs in the background,” he added.
Visualization—Translate conceptual designs into compelling presentations that bring models to life and inspire the audience.
- The enhanced Graphic Override, new Surface RGB, and transparency slider let architects and designers further personalize the look of their designs.
Documentation—Deliver error-free documentation that automatically follows your design and complies with regulations and local standards.
- Fully customizable textual content and zone colors and upgraded quantity takeoffs ensure accurate information in the right formats.
For more information about Archicad 25, please visit graphisoft.com.